Lake Placid Camp & Conference Center’s professional culinary chef, Gil Hodges, with over 40 years of experience, prepares tasty meals for our many guests. Our buffets offer a great salad bar, steamy delicious entrees and sides, fresh breads and perfectly homemade desserts. What a treat!
Lake Placid Camp & Conference Center’s total dining capacity is 275 guests at a single sitting. A variety of dining options are available on the ground floor of the Dewey Litl Loj. This lodge was built in the 1920’s and now serves our guests for dining and meetings.
- Our main Patio Dining Room seats 125 guests and overlooks the bell tower and grounds.
- The Fireside Dining Room serves an additional 65 guests and offers the original fireplace enjoyed by aristocrats of the 1920's and 30’s along with a vaulted ceiling and the original 1920’s style ballroom mirror. This fireside room is the perfect choice for an elegant gathering.
- The Lakeside Dining Room serves 75 guests and offers a sunny setting overlooking the lake and grounds.
- Also offered for dining is the private Front Dining Room which seats 15 – 25 guests.
- LPCCC also offers private luaus on the beach, Barbeque under the big oak tree, hillside picnics, and many other specialty dining options. Lots of FUN to be had! Special meals must be arranged through the LPCCC office and Chef Gil prior to your arrival date. There are additional charges for these enhanced services.
Centrally located between all the dining rooms is our hot and cold beverage island offering fresh hot coffee, cocoa and tea along with ice cold tea, soft drinks and fruit beverages. Snacks, bottled water and coffee service for breaks are also available on request.
In addition to retreat and camp business, Chef Gil is becoming very well known for special lunches, dinners and parties. Full table service is available for these special occasions. Chef Gil enjoys making your event a success!